Student Activities and Leadership staff are dedicated to helping all students find and foster their passions while developing leadership and life skills.
- We support all recognized student organizations, advise ASSU and the sophomore and junior class council, and offer leadership development and training.
- We help individual students connect with student organizations and other activities outside the classroom.
- We work to cultivate a student community that values inclusivity, equity, respect, collaboration, and balance.
Need Help? Contact a Peer Advisor!
For most needs it is best to start with SAL Peer Advisors, who are experienced student leaders and excel with financial, banking and event-planning advice.
- Keegan Livermore is senior studying Comparative Literature and Education.
- Lauren Lockett is a junior and studying History and Law with a minor in Education.
- Savanah Pham is a sophomore and will likely study Psychology.
- Rachel Morrow is a sophomore.
- Peer advisors are available on a drop-in and scheduled basis about 40 hours each week, including Thursdays 7–9 pm.
- Please go to the following link to see the schedule: SAL Peer Advisor Schedule.
About Nanci: Nanci was writing this bio when a student walked in the door asking for help. While we await Nanci's full bio, check out the picture of her with a goat.
Photo: Nanci holding a goat as a part of the Stanford Goat Project, a fundraiser in White Plaza put on the by the Intervarsity Graduate Christian Fellowship.
Areas of Responsibility: ASSU/GSC/Undergraduate Senate, Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Other Orgs), Athletic (Outdoor Rec Orgs), Political events and groups, Sophomore Class Presidents, Policy development and interpretation, Off-campus Fundraising, New Org Processes, ASSU Speaker's Bureau, The Daily, Recreational Orgs, Social Orgs, Debate, and Pre-Professional Orgs.
About Snehal: Snehal came to Stanford after working at universities in Boston, New York City and Monterey. As an UCSD undergrad he was active in student government, campus programs and concert planning. He also served as an orientation leader and RA. Snehal goes to as many student events as he can - - riding a camel at Israeli Independence Day was a highlight.
Areas of Responsibility: Athletic (Club Sport, Other), Academic groups, Health and Wellness groups, Media/Publications Orgs, Stanford Concert Network Advisory Board, International Orgs, Peer Advisor Program, Workshop Schedule, White Plaza, Junior Class Presidents, and the Alcohol Advisory Board
Assistant Dean and Associate Director
Schedule a meeting
About Ankita: Ankita has worked at Stanford since the summer of 2012. She previously worked at Santa Clara University, Trinity University (TX), and The Ohio State University (Go Bucks!). As an undergrad at Vanderbilt University, Ankita held leadership positions in the South Asian student organization; a mentoring and tutoring organization; her sorority, Alpha Delta Pi; and in new student orientation. Ankita loves working directly with the student orgs she advises because it allows her to see thier passion and dedication.
Areas of Responsibility: Athletic (Martial Arts) Orgs, Community Service Orgs, Ethnic/Cultural Orgs, Religious Orgs, Social Awareness orgs, the Stanford Fund Partnership, CardinalSync, SAL Website, Social Media & Communication, Student Activities Fair, The Leadership INITIATIVE, and Re-registration Process.
- Location: Old Union, 2nd Floor, Suite 206
- Drop-in Hours: Wednesdays, 3–5 pm.
- Peer Advisor Hours: Thursdays 7–9 pm and weekly calendar.
- Office Hours: 8 am–5 pm (Mon–Fri).