This information is provided for Stanford recognized student organizations and university departments that want to book event space. Key things to know:
- Who can book space? Only student organizations and university departments can space and hold events on campus. Neither inviduals nor outside entities can.
- Lead time needed? Most space reservations need a minimum 7 days in advance. Large events require a minimum of three weeks and often much longer. Please see critical deadlines before you begin. For last minute suggestions, try a community center or residence, or come to SAL for other suggestions.
- Non-Stanford requests? For non-Stanford requests see the Office of Special Events and Protocol for additional information although most requests cannot be honored.
- Venue accessibility? For information on which spaces on campus are accessible, see this campus guide & map.
SAL Picks: Venue Overviews
|Type of Space||Description|
|Auditoria and Large Lectures||Large spaces for lectures and speakers, both auditoria, classrooms and multi-purpose spaces.|
|Bechtel International Center||Meeting rooms and some lecture space.|
|Dance||Performance and rehearsal spaces with special flooring, lighting and production information.|
|Drama Department Calendar||(for availability only, not to request)|
|Low-Cost Alternatives||Inexpensive locations for a small meetings or events.|
|Meals||Venues useful for hosting meals.|
|Music Department Calendar||(for availability only, not to request)|
|Outdoor Events||Outdoor spaces available for scheduling.|
|Tresidder Memorial Union (Meeting Services)||Ideal for meetings and presentations.|
|White Memorial Plaza||
A prime student program space. Event request in CardinalSync must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
How to Reserve Spaces
As part of a student group, you will still need to submit an event request via CardinalSync for event approval and scheduling. Submit your event request as soon as possible because large spaces fill up quickly and your event may require further review.
Popular Venues - Detail Sheets
Below are detailed venue pages for student organizations' most popular spaces on campus, listed from smallest to largest capacity. Please check them out!
- Paul Brest Hall (Munger) Capacity: 20-400
- Geology Corner: 320-105 Capacity 242
- Old Union Clubhouse Ballroom Capacity: 270
- Cubberley Auditorium Capacity: 300
- Tresidder Oak Lounge Capacity: 350
- McCaw Hall (Alumni Center) Capacity: Dinner: 400, Theater: 480, Reception: 942
- Toyan Lounge Capacity: 50-500
- CEMEX Auditorium Capacity: 598
- Dinkelspiel Auditorium Capacity: 702
- Meyer Green Capacity: Contact Stanford Univ. Fire Marshal Office
- Art Spaces Capacity: Varies by space