Skip to content
Skip to navigation
- Lead-time is important. Large events require a minimum of 3-4 month lead-time, if not more. Start fundraising as soon as you begin planning.
- ASSU funding is quickest and easiest - start here.
- Exhaust all on-campus options before considering off-campus ones.
- A thorough and detailed budget will make your job easier. Need help? See a SAL Peer Advisor for assistance.
- The University cannot confirm your requested space, approve your event or permit you to make contractual agreements without most of the funding in your account.
- Follow-up, follow-up, and follow-up on your requests. Check your progress regularly, especially when requesting funds from campus departments. Give all funders your deadline when you make your request.
- Read your ASSU account statement regularly to make sure the committed funds have been transferred. If not, follow-up.
- Write prompt funder thank yous. Prompt and grateful feedback can turn a one-time funding source into a regular one.